Liberty Loop Memories


 




      As I recall back in my childhood, in the Land of Liberty Loop, my Grandparents lived in a brick,

sandstone house. I lived in a red brick house with my parents next door to them.  In my grandparents

backyard was a red barn, which I used to play in.  Next to that was a damn and a hill I use to go to.

      Next to the damn there was a lake which had a path next to it.  On the side of the path was a shell 

hill which my grandmother warned me not to play on due to snakes.  So, I took a path up the hill to 

three pine trees (shaped like a house) and played house.  The scent on the hill was that of decaying 

leaves.  The decaying leaves looked like great fun to jump and play in (to a child), but there again,

Grandma warned us not to due to the snakes.  Yet when snakes did come around her house, she would 

just scoop them up with her shovel and put them in a barrel where she would burn trash and burn them 

in it. 

       The miracle of Liberty Loop is everyone knew everyone.  Children were allowed to run loose

because everyone was monitoring them.  One example of this was when my older sister was getting her 

diaper changed and had nothing else on but her black pattens.  She got up without her diaper on yet, 

and ran down the street that way with all of Liberty Loop laughing at the event.  Just imagine a naked 

baby running down the street with nothing on but black pattens, and her mama chasing after her. 

Paul D. Eccles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Pleasing

I Will Not Forget You

Luke 22:32 "...Strengthen Your Brethren."