Jimmy and Thunder Share a Memory


                              





                    It was early one Saturday morning in April, and Jimmy had just cleared the table.

Thunder was doing the dishes, as each adjusted their voice translator boxes.  They each started 

drinking a cup of coffee.  As they each reminisces over the first time the two of them had met.

                   Thunder sipped his cup of coffee, and asked Jimmy if he recalled the first time the two

of them had met.  Jimmy's reply was, "Well, as I recall right I had replied to an add in the local news

paper.  It said applicants must love dogs, and pizza.    I loved all animals with the exception of Canadian

Geese, who leave their messes all over the place.  I work for the Pizza House, so that was just a bonus."

               Thunder laughed and said, "I recall your entrance with pizza sauce all over the seat of your 

pants.   You then asked to come into my house with a hot pizza in your hand, and a two-litter diet soda.

You asked me if you could speak to Thunder.  To which, I replied that I was him.  You then said,

This Pizza was made just for you, and I was wondering about that add. " 

                Jimmy said, "Yes, but you would not just take anybody.  You said, 'the pizza was a 

plus, but this lake area was dangerous.  Then you asked if I had any references.'  To which I said that I

loved all dogs and knew this health inspector named Bella.  Strange thing about her is she keeps 

changing the color of her fur."

                That got Thunders attention for he was a friend of Bella's.  Thunder scratched his forehead

and ate a piece of Pizza, as he said, "I haven't had any other responses, I might as well call Bella and 

see what she says.  So Thunder called Bella."

               Thunder then said as I recall Bella said, "Well he is a nice enough young man, but I'd be 

careful  with him around food.  He might cross contaminate it, he tends to touch things while cooking.

As I recall I was not calling her for a health and safety report, as much as a personality report.."

                "Yes" Jimmy said, and then you asked when I could move in.  To which I said this weekend.  I

just had my clothes, Bible, and computer."

                  To that Thunder said You can use my van and move in tonight.

                  Jimmy just laughed and said, :"and the rest is history." They both sat back finished off the 

pot of coffee as Areatha Franklin sang, "A rose is still a rose..."

Paul D. Eccles


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Pleasing

I Will Not Forget You

Luke 22:32 "...Strengthen Your Brethren."