Winter Snowstorm December 2022


 




                            I first heard reports made in church of an oncoming snowstorm that could cancel 

church Christmas morning.  The music minister did not put much faith into what the meteorologist 

had to say so he just pushed that announcement to the side.  The elder made sure that the 

announcement was made though.  I was sitting in the congregation in a state of shock for this is the 

first, I'd ever heard of it. 

                           So, once I got home, I started to listen to reports about it on the internet from other 

states.  I had heard from the elder that his youngest son worked for the Department of Transportation

(DOT), and they were already preparing to treat the roads.  The elder went on to say that his grandson

who worked for a shipping company had pulled freight lines off the road, while they were awaiting the

coming snowstorm.  So, I was frightened and started watching the radar as I recalled the blizzard of 

1978.  

                         I made a statement on reddit about it and was laughed to scorn for it by some of the 

youngsters there.  I also lost Karma points due to my statement on Reddit.  Nevertheless, the talking 

heads went on scarring everyone to death.  In fact, early on one of the talking heads was happy to let 

us know that no matter how much snow we had, we would have a white Christmas.  I might add he

was no meteorologist. 

                      Due to all the fear and hoopla the news media put into our hearts all of us who worked at 

the Pizza House wondered if it would be open.  My boss certainly did not know and could only talk to 

his boss in Tiny, Indiana.  All his boss told him was that it was up to Other Car Company for as long as 

they were running we would be opened.  If on the other hand they were closed, we would be closed.  

So, I showed up for work in my Pizza House sweatshirt and jeans with black slick resistant shoes on, 

ready for work.

                        The next day was Saturday the 24th, it was cold out, but sunny.    The sun had swept the 

clouds away and put us back into the teens.  In the end all lived happily ever after.

Paul D. Eccles




     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Pleasing

I Will Not Forget You

Luke 22:32 "...Strengthen Your Brethren."