Precious Memories

 




                               While my birth certificate says that I was born in the Bloomington hospital in

Bloomington, Indiana, it is also true that the first six years of my life was in Martinsville, Indiana.  That

is before moving north where I would spend the next six years of my life in Indianapolis, Indiana.   It

was there that I went to a church in Speedway that had over one hundred people in it. If we look back 

into history of that small congregation, you would find that several men in the congregation that met at

Martinsville came up to help in building the congregation in Speedway, and one of those men was my

Grandfather.     

                             It was at that congregation of over one hundred people that I received the Spirit of 

the Lord and was baptized.  The day I was baptized was on the fourteenth day of our Lord and Savior 

Jesus Christ, in the month of August, in the year of our Lord 1978 A.D.  The song that was sang at my 

baptism was A New Name in Glory.   How the angels in glory, do in reality glorify the name of God 

when a new name is added in heaven.   

                            Of course, I was only ten years old at the time, and was not used in the services, as I

 would later be used in Oklahoma.  Nevertheless, the more important parts of the body Christ were 

taught, such as love and evangelism.  They taught many meetings there too.  Meetings which in my 

teen years I would flock to I would flock to for exhortation, and in hopes of finding a wife.  

                             Finding a wife was never meant for me though, so after years of hunting I finally took

 myself off the market.  I feel my fondest memories of a wife would be Katherine, and we split up 

before we could ever get married.  Therefore, I would just have to be remained married to Christ and 

His Church.  Memories as Precious and few as they may be all I have left now. 

 Paul D. Eccles

   

                           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Pleasing

I Will Not Forget You

Luke 22:32 "...Strengthen Your Brethren."