The Soul Of My Grandfather


 



                In Memory of My Grandfather, Henry Eccles




                My Grandfather, Henry Eccles, woke not feeling to well one morning.  His wife (my grand-

mother), Rose Eccles, tried to decide if she should send him to the hospital or not.  She soon called an

ambulance, and then had her daughter take her to the hospital.  Once they got to the hospital they put

my grandfather in the emergency room, to watch him, and run tests on him.  At about the time that the 

doctor was to admit my grandfather into a room, my grandfather expired.

               My Grandfather's Wake was held there in Tulsa, at Tacoma church of Christ.  His funeral was 

held there as well miles from where he grew up.   His funeral was held by a man in the brotherhood by

the name of Lucien.  We then took his body miles up North to be buried at Nowata (two miles from his

old homestead).  

                The following Sunday, Dad & I had to go back to lead worship services.  When there is only

about fourteen in services, you do what is needed.  Dad did not mope around he had more needful 

things to do in the church.  Afterall he was a spiritual leader in the church.  As for me I was usually 

active doing something in the church.  Most of the people were related to me in one way or another too.

             So, the death of one person hurt us all.  When one dies only the body dies the soul goes on.  The

soul of my grandfather goes on in me.

Paul D. Eccles

                     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Pleasing

I Will Not Forget You

Luke 22:32 "...Strengthen Your Brethren."