The Late Harry Powell


 



                  I was working at Sipe's Supermarket in Tulsa, Oklahoma, when my Sister and Brother-in-

law came and gave me the news that my Grandfather Powell had passed on.  I was so upset that I 

almost dropped the crate of beans that I was stocking.  The store manager (whose name was also 

Harry), said he would have flora-a-faxed a fruit basket, but he did not know where to send it. 

                 Harry Powell was a great and honorable man, righteous in the sight of God.  At one time he

worked in a furniture store.  From there he started from his basement Powell's Floor Covering in

 Martinsville, Indiana.  He was a member of the chamber of Commerce, and from that became the 

Mayor of Martinsville, for a short time. 

                    Yet his greatest achievements came later on in life when he had his two children John & 

Sue.  He then became the elder of the Martinsville church of Christ and aided in building it up.  Later 

on he helped in starting and building up the church that met in Speedway.

                    After his grandchildren die like most people, he will most likely be forgotten in this world.

Yet, the "works" that he has done for Christ in this world will be recalled in the next.

Paul D. Eccles



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Pleasing

I Will Not Forget You

Luke 22:32 "...Strengthen Your Brethren."