The Disabled


 




     I have shoes on my feet that have the design of jigsaw puzzles all over them.  To me the thing I said

after I had bought them, (and they were delivered to me) is that they were autistic.  Brett (a caseworker)

at the first sight also said they had the Autism Spectrum on them.

       I have known people with autism, and even though they are in a world of their own they are still

able to do every day work.  The same goes with any other type of disability.  Just because a person has

 a disability, they are still a person.   Most of the time these people can still carry on a meaningful 

relationship as well as jobs.  Society's reaction to these people makes me shudder.

      These attitudes are not just in the world but in the church as well.  At one time they would 

institutionalize the disabled or put them in a freak show.  Today, however, they tell them they are 

normal hardly give them enough to live off of, then they go off and laugh.  This is how society make 

themselves feel comfortable about the handy capped today.

Paul D. Eccles 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Pleasing

I Will Not Forget You

Luke 22:32 "...Strengthen Your Brethren."