My Greater Days


 




        As I look back at life, I would have to guess my greater days have already been.  None come to

listen to me anymore, and those who use to build me up have stopped.  Though I use to have one who

was to be my wife she is gone to be with the wind. What might have been is no more found to be.

        As I look back at life what I once was I am no more.  For now, all that I do is done electronically.

When someone builds me up electronically it is squashed.  Just a note and then no more, I am only a

has been.  I am just someone to make others feel good then put away like yesterday's blanket.

       As I look back at life, I see my accomplishments have not been that great.  I have labored through 

different jobs that didn't amount to much.  I have been to many schools only to be laughed at.  Even my 

blogs are made fun of.

     To what point do I look forward?  When the future looks lonely and dim.  The future holds nothing 

for me.  For do any of the children or young men come to me asking for advice.  I am just a dried up 

old philosopher.  At what point do I look back, when do I look forward?  If I look back, I only see 

accomplishments that have become failures.  To look forward I only see the hand of death the 

ignorance of people.  The hand of death lies in my future, the wisdom of God.  

        Where do I go from here old and easily forgotten. Put away like a book on a shelf.  Put away with 

my therapy dog forgotten by society and the church.  I am not what I use to be.  I am just a dim 

memory.  As I look back on life, I have to guess my greater days have already been.

Paul D. Eccles 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Pleasing

I Will Not Forget You

Luke 22:32 "...Strengthen Your Brethren."